Bamboo Fences (8)
PHONE: 0419 292 560
Shipping & Returns
Gift Certificate FAQ
Trading Hours AEDT
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
Saturday 9am - 3pm
10 Luke Place
Rooty Hill NSW 2766
Here are some interesting facts about Bamboo:
- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on Earth and some species of bamboo have actually been measured to grow 120cm (approx 4 feet) in 24 hours.
- Trees used for regular timber fences take more than 30 years to grow where a bamboo stick can regenerate to its full mass in just six months.
- Bamboo produces up to 35% more oxygen than hardwood trees and absorbs four times as much carbon.
- When bamboo is harvested the root system stays in tact and there is no damage to the surrounding environment. Harvesting bamboo approx every 3-7 years is actually beneficial to the health of the plant.
- Owing to its high nitrogen consumption, growing Bamboo can detoxify wastewater and improve soil quality.
- Bamboo has actually been used as a building material for thousands of years. Structures built entirely of bamboo have lasted hundreds of years and have even withstood devastating earthquakes.
- Bamboo is still used for scaffolding in many countries.
- Bamboo actually has a higher tensile strength than many alloys, a higher compressive strength than many mixtures of concrete and a higher strength to weight ratio than graphite.